Monday, May 24, 2010

Updates about appointments

I have been feeling depressed. I am trying not to get like this and I keep doing stuff to distract me but when im not doing something it creeps up on me and screams at me. I have been taking Qwill out to play alot lately and trying to clean when i can but its just hard. With the depression and the intense pain to the nausea from the meds i haven't been feeling the best. At 3 am this morning was the first time i slept in 42 hours (couldn't sleep due to pain). And they even gave me pain meds until i have my appointment next Friday. Some days i wish all this crappyness would go away. 


On to talking about my appointments. I have already went to the Gastroentrologist and he thinks i don't have celiac but that i might have either Crohn's or IBS and they are running more test but i told him I'm not dropping the celiac idea until they do a scope to make sure that i do not have it. He also prescribed me a medicine that helps with my severe abdominal cramping. I go back in August to determine what is going on and determine if i want to have a scope which i do.

Ok on to the pain part. They finally received my records from the previous state i was living in. They wont send me to a Rheumatologist because they don't take patients with chronic pain anymore. So i have been referred to the local pain clinic. At first they told me i wouldn't get in until at least August so i asked if there was anyway i could get in sooner because i don't know how long i will be on medicaid and need to get this done. I want to get my life back. So the clinic called me yesterday and told me i have an appointment on the 28th of this month. So my primary doctor put me on Vicodin, Lyrica and Naproxen temporary until i get into the doctors office. And the day i go in if they determine if i need it they will give me a pain block and are also going to schedule me to see the doctor since this is only a consult. As of now the medicine is not working since i went a whole 42 hours without sleeping due to pain. But i will wait and see since it takes awhile to adjust to meds. Will update again when i have my appointment next Friday the 28th.

0 comments: